Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Week 11: More Studio Pics





This week I have spent vacillating between excitement about the new work coming out of my studio and extreme terror that about meeting all of my artistic and contractual goals.
The week started with a visit to the Marietta Cobb Museum of Art to take a look at the space for the show I will be having with Lorraine Glessner on September 28th. The show I have been working on for more than a year is going to be a reality very, very soon! Again, excitement and terror.

  
Here are a few images of the space, showing their current exhibition.














Needless to say I continue to work like I am chained to the studio, trying to keep the panic at bay and let the ideas flow. 
This leaves me little time for reflection or contemplation over blog entries. So if you will excuse me again, I will offer instead some pics of the fruits of my labor.  Again, this involves the ceramic building part of my process.  The second stage will take place after the work is fired.



















Similar to the previous conjoined piece (see week 18: The Slow Burn), this piece involves different directions of the same soul.



And if all of this wasn't enough, my husband is finishing out my studio to make it ready for visitors!  He is absolutely the best!!